Pages

Aug 3, 2010

August 3, 2010 Lesson 2 of Numbers 3 and 4; Work of the Levities

Ok these type of questions are really hard for me. I will give this a shot and then look at Pastor Troy’s later today. He made far better sense yesterday than I did. After reading it I thought, Duh!
For background details concerning the tribe of Levi, see Exod, 6:16-25; 32:25-29; Lev 10.


How was the work assigned to the Levites divided between the three ‘families’ of the tribe? How, if at all, might the command ‘each to his task’ (4:49) apply to Christians? Do these two chapters throw any light on the possible implications of such a command? See especially 3:5-10, 25, 31, 36, 45; 4:46-49. Answer: It was assigned by sections so that each one knew what his job would be. I think that our lives are symbolically like the temple work here. Each person is given gifts from God to do the work of the Church. Each of these gifts is given to us by God to help those inside the Church and bring those outside the Church into the love of God.


Whom did the Levities represent? Why did the first born belong to God? What does ‘redemption’ mean in this context? Is there a New Testament counterpart that involves us? Answer: Not sure here at all. This was touched on a bit yesterday, if I recall, but I don’t understand the first born belonging to God concept. I need some further research on this.


How does 4:1-20 bring out the ‘frighteningly’ sacred character of the tabernacle? Cf. 1:51b, 53; 2 Sam 6:6-11; Rev 4:8. What truths does this illustrate and enforce? Answer: It shows how those things inside the inner chamber are to be kept from the sight of everyone except the high priests. Again I am at a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment